Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Asking Big

This morning I prayed and asked God to do something really big today. Not next week, not in a few months, but today. It has to be today. I can't remember the last time I prayed a prayer like that-- a dreamer's prayer where you just lay it out and have faith that He will come through.

For the past few years, my prayers have been very safe. They have been "blessing" prayers, with my true hopes cloaked in a very thick and protective "Your will be done", which wasn't wholly meant, but was more of a safeguard in case He didn't answer. Those weak and politically correct prayers didn't go up with a whole lot of faith that He would do it. Part of the problem was a feeling of unworthiness. After all, there are a multitude of world crises going on--- do the prayers of a mini-van mom really even count? Do they have the intense importance to shoot straight up to the heavens, or do they filter and break apart just before the stratosphere?

They do matter. I have such a deep and real sense this morning that they do that it rocks me to the bottom of my soul. He knew it was coming before I bowed my head--now I am waiting for the answer. Have you asked Him big today?

Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
-Matthew 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment