Thursday, October 10, 2013

Diarrhea: Cha- Cha- Cha

Yesterday was the pits. Yesterday Brenna had diarrhea all. day. long. I thought I would go insane. Because she is 12, she does not want my help, my arm when she is walking or my presence in this house for entire days upon end. After using the garden hose on her clothes in the backyard, I slapped a pair of Depends on her and gave up.

Today I hung clothes on the line and didn't panic about leaving her inside alone for those 5 minutes. Today a friend came by with two little ones to visit and made me feel normal instead of part of some social experiment or undercover reality TV show. It felt so normal to leave the room and return to find that Brenna had snuck into the kitchen, grabbed the opened bag of Peanut M&Ms and hidden them in her wheelchair back in the living room. Yes, this is the girl I know and love.

Today I discovered that I can take Brenna for a wheelchair ride and tie the dog's leash to the push bar. This made for much easier trekking uphill. He resembled the Grinch's dog (sans antlers) as he strained against the wheelchair. No more annoying tugs at my arm, just helping me pull Brenna around. He isn't husky, but he has the makings of a great sled dog. Today was good.



No comments:

Post a Comment